Facebook Teachers Pay Teachers Bloglovin' Pinterest Image Map

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Life Cycle Fun

Hello, friends!

My smarties have been learning all about life cycles this week.  They LOVE learning about animals and there are so many crafts to make.  I love teaching all about animals.  So much fun!

First, if you haven't purchased Amy Lemons Frog and Butterfly Unit you need to check it out.  It's super cute!  Check out our pictures!


We made the butterfly life cycle using macaroni noodles and rice.  



Ribbitt!  We made frog hats with the life cycle wrapped around a sentence strip.



Click the picture below to check out Amy's adorable packet to find the crafts for the butterfly and frog life cycles.


Next, I couldn't find any crafts already made for the life cycle of reptiles, mammals, and birds.  So, I had to create my own.  Here's what we came up with.

Cock-a-doodle-do!  Check out some of my chickens!


Sea turtles are one of my favorite animals.  I LOVED the adorable sea turtles in the movie Finding Nemo.  I just knew that for a reptile life cycle, sea turtles would have to be made. Our sea turtles came out ADORABLE. 

The lovely Beth of Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Designs is making me some clip art of reptile and mammal life cycles.  I'll be sharing my bird and reptile crafts with all of you as soon as she posts her new set.  I can't wait.  Since I was already teaching these units, I had to have my kiddos draw the life cycles instead of  printing out the pictures.  They came out great without them, and my smarties learned so much!

We are making a squirrel hat tomorrow.  I saved mammals for last because we already know so much about them.  My kiddos are so excited.  

Aren't life cycles so much fun to teach???

I hope everyone had a wonderful day.

Lots of love,

No comments:

Post a Comment