Facebook Teachers Pay Teachers Bloglovin' Pinterest Image Map

Friday, March 22, 2013

Five for Friday

Oh, Friday how I love you.  Another stressful week for me.  Spring Break is right around the corner (4 more school days) and the kiddos and their teacher are needing break.  

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs again to share 5 things about my week.


Number 1: Yesterday I posted 2 truths and 1 lie.  Well, I still have a baby tooth.  I'm probably the only adult in the world with a baby tooth.  So, that was the truth.  I have actually never ever left the South.  One day I would love to travel.  Hopefully, I'll get that opportunity.  My lie was that I love cheese.  I cannot stand cheese.  The only way I'll eat it is if it's on a pepperoni pizza.  The cheese has to mozzarella.  Cheddar cheese is the worst.  Yuck, yuck, yuck!

Number 2:  I've made a new packet that I can't wait to share.  My kiddos cut pictures out of a National Geographic magazine and made their own non-fiction booklets.  They turned out super cute.  Here's a few of my kiddos in action.



Number 3:  We worked on life cycles this week.  We made all sorts of fun crafts to help learn all about reptiles, mammals, amphibians, insects, and birds.  Well, we took a test today and they did FANTASTIC.  Happy, happy teacher here.

Number 4: I posted this week about my kiddos reviewing double and triple digit addition with a game I created with QR codes.  Check out my free packet if you're interested.  I'll have to create another packet with QR codes.  My kiddos loved it and asked it they could play every day.  



Number 5: My Brayden has a chair of his own.  Check out my big boy.  Typical boy already...lounging back while watching TV.  


I hope y'all had a wonderful week.  It's the weekend...smile!!!!


Lots of love,

16 comments:

  1. I love the National Geographic make a book idea! Your little guy is adorable in his chair! Have a great weekend!

    Sally from Elementary Matters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Weekend! I'm your newest follower. Thanks for sharing about your week! I love the fun hat!

    Emily
    I Love My Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I hope you had a fantastic weekend! :-)

      Delete
  3. I HATE Cheese too!! My fiancee still can't believe it, even after 7 years. Now I can prove I'm not the only one! :) We're doing life cycles at the beginning of next quarter and we get to hatch chicks! Super excited :)

    Ashley
    Primary Teacherhood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another cheese hater?? So, I'm not all alone in the world. ;-) I'm jealous you get to hatch chicks. That sounds super fun!

      Delete
  4. Wow! I just learned about and used QR codes this weeks during Word Work. Thanks so much for sharing. This is perfect for math centers next week. :)

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your kiddos will love using QR codes. I hope y'all have fun. :-)

      Delete
  5. It really was QR Code week. I love it!

    I love the chair. Little boys can be so funny!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    Jenny
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little boys are precious! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. :-)

      Delete
  6. What a cutie your boy is! I love those little chairs for kids :) We finished up frog and butterfly life cycles 2 weeks ago, they had a lot of fun with it :)

    Sarah
    teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Life cycles are so much fun to teach. :-)

      Delete
  7. You are not alone! I too have a baby tooth! I thought I was all alone too :(

    I'm your newest follower - can't wait to read more of your posts :)

    Rae
    Mindful Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never met someone else with a baby tooth as an adult. Glad to know I am not alone. :-)

      Delete