Facebook Teachers Pay Teachers Bloglovin' Pinterest Image Map

Friday, March 8, 2013

Five for Friday

I want to yell "THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY" from the top of my lungs.  It has been quite a week.  

I'm linking up with the lovely Kacey from Doodle Bugs for her weekly Five for Friday linky.  LOVE doing this every week. :-)



Number 1: Suspension...Biting...Stressed Out Teacher
Well, one of my smarties got suspended yesterday.  He broke down with the school resource teacher and then decided to try to leave the building.  But, to top it all off he tried to bite our principal.  So needless to say, he won't be in my classroom all all next week.  When I said it's been a rough week, I meant it!  WOW!

Number 2: Geometry has been so much fun in my room.  I have a new packet in the works that I can't wait to share with everyone.  We started our Geometry unit on Tuesday with a pre-test.  This week we have been working on shape classifications.  Here's a couple of pictures of the fun game we played.  It's similar to the game HeadBandz.  I printed off shapes and glued them to index cards.  The students used a rubber band to let the index card stick to their heads.  Then, they had to ask their groups questions and figured our which shape they had on their had.  So much fun!  They LOVED it. 




Number 3: What's a geo-board?  This has been my third year teaching 2nd grade and I have never got out the geo-boards.  Last year I was on maternity leave during this unit, but I don't know why I haven't go them out before.  My kiddos loved them.  Here's one working in action. 

Number 4: We had a blast reading mysteries this week.  One story, my smarties just didn't know what to think of. We read The Mysteries of Harris Burdick this week.  My kiddos didn't like the story at all.  They thought it was weird and creepy.  One little smartie asked me to not read that story again.  The introduction page tells about this man named Harris Burdick.  He takes some pictures to a publishing copy and they loved them and told him to bring the stories that go along with the pictures.  He never returned and no one could ever find him.  Students attention level: engaged with mouths wide open.  


Number 5: If warm weather doesn't get here fast, I'm gonna lose my mind.  That's all.  I'm tired of the cold.

Lots of love,

16 comments:

  1. Wow! That does sound like a rough week. Love the use of the geo-boards! :)

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your weekend and forget about this week. Glad to read there are some schools who believe in consequences.
    Gotta love geoboards.
    Tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that consequences are in place, too! I hope you've had a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. TGIF! Sounds like a busy week! Thanks for reminding me to dig out the geoboards:) Glad I found your blog through the linky!

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, dig out those geoboards. :-) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I love finding fellow second grade teachers! I'm sorry about the rough week! I hope you have a restful weekend.

    Jessica
    Covered in Glitter and Glue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for 2nd grade teachers! :-) I hope you've had a great weekend as well.

      Delete
  5. I found you through the linky and I'm your newest follower. I love your shape game! I'm sorry you had a rough week :( Have a relaxing weekend and here's hoping next week is a better one!

    Angela :)
    Hippo Hooray for Second Grade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I love meeting new 2nd grade teachers.

      Delete
  6. I'm sorry to hear about your little kiddo! I noticed you teach in Greenville! Beautiful city...I'm from asheboro, NC which is just about 3 hours away and have been thinking of getting my sc license to move to that area. I'm actually visiting the city this next weekend. (love it so much)

    Sarah
    teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoyed your visit. Greenville is definitely beautiful. Good luck getting your SC license. Hopefully, everything will transfer over just fine.

      Delete
  7. What a rough week! Yuck! I have to say that I am glad to hear there were some severe consequences for the behavior. Not sure the same thing would have happened at my school:( I hope your weekend is much better! Your shape headband game is adorable! Thanks for sharing. I am your newest follower.
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I'm glad there were consequences for his behavior. I hope you have a great weekend. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. I am so sorry that you had a bad week. I hope this week is better for you.

    Terri
    The First Grade Princess

    ReplyDelete