Facebook Teachers Pay Teachers Bloglovin' Pinterest Image Map

Monday, May 13, 2013

Let's Get Acquainted

Happy Monday, Friends!

I hope everyone has had a great day.  Monday is OVER!  It's been a fun day with my little monsters.  You can tell that summer is just around the corner.  Some of my kids have been acting just crazy lately.  


I'm linking up with Flying into First Grade for her Let's Get Acquainted Linky. 


Let the questions begin! 


1.  What made you decide to become a teacher?
Honestly, I never knew what I wanted to be when I grew up.  Teacher was on my list, but it wasn't high up on my list.  In high school, I knew that I wanted to work with kids.  I spent a lot of my time volunteering at a local children's home.  Those kids made me want to be in a profession with children.  I decided that I wanted to become a pediatrician. Then, during my senior year of high school I took Honors Spanish (it may have been an honors class, and I did well in it, but I cannot carry on a conversation). I had to tutor a Spanish speaking child for the year.  I fell in LOVE with teaching.  So, I applied to Clemson for both nursing and Elementary Education.  I decided that I would put it in God's hands.  I received my acceptance letter to Clemson University.  I was accepted into the Education department.  It was the right decision.  I haven't looked back.  I'm glad I'm a teacher.

2.  What has been your most rewarding experience as a teacher?
I have a student who was held back last year.  This has been my 2nd year with him.  It's been rewarding to watch him grow.  What is the most rewarding is the amount of love and compassion we have for one another.  He truly believes that I am the only person who loves and cares about him.  That makes my heart sad and happy at the same time.  It is such a reward that as teachers we are looked up to and make a difference every day.

3.  If you were not a teacher, what would you be?
I'd be a stay at home mommy!  I couldn't imagine doing any other job besides teaching. If I did, I would just be a mom.  It's my most favorite job of all! :-)

Lots of love,


2 comments:

  1. I posted about a student of mine that sounds a lot like yours! I feel the same way that you do! I bet you are a great mommy! It is the best job in the world, isn't it?!

    Karen
    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. That is such a nice thing to say! It sure is the best job in the world!

    ReplyDelete