Facebook Teachers Pay Teachers Bloglovin' Pinterest Image Map

Monday, August 12, 2013

Teacher Week 13: All About Me!

Hello, Friends!

This week, I am SO excited to be linking up with Blog Hoppin' for their Teacher Week. Today...it's all about me.



1.  I married my high school sweetheart.  We met in the middle of my junior year of high school. We've been together ever since.  None of those off again on again relationships. We started dating in 2003 and got married in 2009.  I love this man with all of my heart and couldn't imagine being with anyone else. 


2: I LOVE football.  I get so excited when football season arrives.  I honestly know more about football than a lot of guys.  It doesn't matter what team is on as long as their is a football game on the TV.  I am very partial to the Clemson tigers.  I graduated from Clemson in 2008, but I've been a Clemson fan since I was itty bitty.  Love, love, love me some Clemson Tigers!


3.  I became a mom on January 12, 2012.  If you've been reading my blog, you've seen pictures of my little man.  He is my whole world.  I am so glad that God decided to let me be Brayden's momma.  


4.  This will be my 5th year teaching.  I taught 5th grade my first year, and asked very nicely to go to another grade level.  5th grade was not for me.  I applaud you older teachers.  It takes a special person to be able to handle those attitudes. I love my little 2nd graders.  I know in my heart that I am a "primary" teacher. 

5.  I LOVE history.  The one thing that I did enjoy about teaching 5th grade was the history. Whether it be wars, our state, our nation, or famous people, I love learning about history.  A couple of years ago, my husband and I went to Tennessee and visited the Titanic museum. Such a great experience!


6.  I am the oldest of 3.  I have one brother and one sister.  I also have one stepsister.  I am also the SHORTEST in my family.  I stand at a whopping 5'0.  Pictured below is my brother, sister, and me. (I'm on the right.)


7: I love country music.  I'm a country gal through and through.  I LOVE going to concerts when I can.  I don't get to often though.  My husband is not a country music fan.  I need to find a find to go to these concerts with.  I have gotten the chance to meet Easton Corbin and Chuck Wicks. Love it when I get to meet singers before they become "big". 
I met Chuck Wicks after a Brad Paisley concert. 

I met Eason Corbin at the Blindhorse.  It was dark, so not the best picture. 

8.  I love all things Disney.  I even wear Minnie Mouse ears in my classroom during guided reading groups.  When the "ears on on", I'm busy.  My 2nd graders love it, and it's a great reminder that I cannot be interrupted unless it's an emergency.

9.  I am extremely shy.  It takes a while for me to open up to anyone.  Once I do, you'll get to know me pretty quickly.  I am a pretty laid back.  I am a worrier.  I love to laugh.  Most people love me when they get to know me. :-)

10: I am a VERY picky eater.  I won't eat any type of Cheddar cheese.  The only cheese I will eat is on pizza.  I don't like hot dog wienies, but I'll eat a pickled sausage.  If I don't like the way something looks, I won't eat it.  I've gotten a lot better over the years, but I'm still a picky eater.  


Check back each day to learn more about me.  Don't forget to link up and "hop around" and check out other lovely bloggers!

Lots of love,

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jeannie,

    We definitely have some things in common. I'm a picky eater, country music fan, and a huge college football fan.

    Hope you have a great start to your school year!

    Jordan
    Team V's Second Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have some things in common . :-) Good luck with your school year, too.

      Delete
  2. I love all the pictures and reading your 10 random facts. Thanks for sharing.

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading this! I also love History and think that's 1 thing I'll really like about 5th grade. Wish me luck! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll do great, Lana! Best of luck. I can't wait to read about your adventures. :-)

      Delete