Facebook Teachers Pay Teachers Bloglovin' Pinterest Image Map

Thursday, August 1, 2013

August Currently

Hello, friends!

I have a confession.  I didn't realize that it was August until I was reading my favorite blogs on Bloglovin' and came across a Currently post.  I even wished my brother-in-law a happy birthday knowing that his birthday is August 1st and it didn't even hit me. How is it August?? Seriously, how is it already August? This has been the shortest summer.  

Since it's obviously August 1st, it's time to link up with the sweet Farley for her August Currently.


Listening:  I'm once again listening to golf.  Brayden is in bed, so my sweet husband turns the TV on to some golf.  It bores me! Hence the reason I am writing this post. 

Loving:  I am loving the fact that I am attending my first ever blogger meet up this Saturday.  The best news is that it's not even 30 minutes away from my house.  I'm getting to meet some Carolina and Georgia girls!  I can't wait to share some pictures.

Thinking:  It's August.  I will have 16 (at the moment) super cute faces staring at me in 20 days. So, I'm thinking about my classroom.  I've got so much to do in 20 days.  I'm starting to get stressed.  I always get so nervous before the school year starts.

Wanting:  I'm wanting a few more weeks of summer.  It's been a rainy summer here in South Carolina, so I feel like I haven't really had a summer.  I've also enjoyed being lazy.  I could use a few more week of doing what I want when I want.

Needing: I'm needing a new lunchbox.  Any cute ones you want to share a link to?

Back to School Must Haves:
Number 1: Caffeine...Dr. Pepper or Iced Coffee. 
It doesn't matter which.  I'm going to need some caffeine to get me out of the bed those first few weeks.

Number 2: iPad
I carry my iPad with me everywhere.  It has my class roster on it.  It will have my transportation list.  It's my go to gadget.  

Number 3: Back to School Packets
You would be reading FOREVER if I sat here and listed all of the awesome back to school packets I've found or am planning on using.  Fun activities are needed that first week as you get to know your new set of kiddos.  

I hope that everyone had a great day.  Best of luck to everyone who is going back to school this month!

Lots of love,


12 comments:

  1. I got my lunch box at Bed Bath and Beyond last summer and LOVE it. In fact, 3 teachers showed up at my building with the same.. it's that cute :) The Bridgestone has been playing in my house a lot too... golf bores me to watch unless it's in person :/

    Amelia
    wherethewildthingslearn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think about Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I'll have to check them out. Thanks for the heads up. :-)

      Delete
  2. Hey there! :)
    Your blog is magnificent!
    My husband tells me that I have a serious lunchbox addiction! For some strange reason, I buy them, use them for while, and then decide there is something wrong with it and need a new one.. HAHA! The last one I received as a gift and is from Thirty One and it has adorable owls on it! So it's definitely my favorite! You might try Amazon! They pretty much have every thing, but if you are anything like me- I need to feel it and try it before I buy it! ;)
    One other thing- totally agree with your need for caffeine! I'm pretty sure i will need some serious Cuban coffee those first few mornings! :)

    Thanks for sharing your currently! I enjoyed it!
    ~Lindsay
    Just Keep Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I love that your have an addiction. :-) I'll check out 31 and Amazon. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. I found your blog through the link up and I am your newest follower. I also teach second grade. I can't wait to read more post. If you get a chance I would love for you to come on over and check out my blog. Thanks for sharing.

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Love your blog, I too am a 2nd grade teacher, but here in Texas. I love my 31 Out 'n' About Thermal, it's nice & roomy to fit those leftover tupperware containers, and deep enough to hold your drinks, plus a few snacks for throughout the day cuz we all know we're gonna need the extra nourishment those 1st weeks. Here's the weblink for the thermal - http://www.thirtyonegifts.com/catalog/product/246/catid/20/swid/663a/

    Darnee
    Tales From Two 2nd Grade Classrooms

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a 31 Thermal Tote. :)
    16 is a great number. Our second grades are capped at 25 right now. Yikes!

    Wendy
    Read With Me ABC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to have to find me a 31 consultant. :-) 25 seems like A LOT of 2nd graders!! Best of luck with this coming school year.

      Delete
  6. Summer has definitely gone by too quickly :( I feel like I have so much to do and I just want to hang out with my little fellow. Guess I better get motivated. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete