Facebook Teachers Pay Teachers Bloglovin' Pinterest Image Map

Saturday, June 1, 2013

End of the Year Party...Hollywood Style

Happy Saturday, Friends!

I meant to post yesterday, but I had my end of the year meeting with my principal. Then, I had dinner with my brother and sister-in-law.  Short story short, I was tired and went straight to bed when I got home.  

On Friday, we had our end of the year party.  I bought Sarah's, First Grader At Last, Hollywood Ending packet.  We had a fun Hollywood themed party. Scratch that....the students had a BLAST.  They were smiling, posing, and LOVING being celebrities for the afternoon.  Thank you Sarah for a FANTASTIC packet.  Click here to check it out. 


 I teamed up with our fantastic art teacher to help me paint their hands to make the Walk of Fame.  I was thrilled with how they came out. :-)

Next up was the red carpet. It wasn't long enough so I had to use our small classroom rug for extra length.  My little monsters didn't mind.  They made the rug be their "posing" place.


Here are some pictures from our party.  I told them that if they wanted to dress up as "celebrities" then they could.  I had a handful of students who dressed up.  They were just plum ADORABLE!


Strike a pose! 











They LOVED walking around the "Walk of Fame" and seeing how big or small each other's hands were. 




Since we are all "FAMOUS" we had to sign autographs.  :-)



Next week is my last week with these kiddos.  I'm really going to miss them.  I've had my ups and downs with them, but I can honestly say that they are a terrific group of kids.  I'm ready for summer and some time away from them, but they will be missed.

Other news...
Guess what I did today?!?!  I took my Brayden for a haircut.  His first haircut.  I may have teared up.  He is growing up so fast.  He looks super cute, but he doesn't look like a "baby" anymore.  He looks like a little man.  


I hope everyone has had a great day!

Lots of love,

No comments:

Post a Comment