Facebook Teachers Pay Teachers Bloglovin' Pinterest Image Map

Sunday, November 3, 2013

A Recap of My Week

Friends,


I need to play Catch-Up time! 

We've had tons of fun in my classroom, but I haven't been able to look at a computer.  It's been a horrible week in my head.  On Sunday, I had a headache.  Nothing out of the ordinary, but just an annoying headache.  I took some Tylenol and it didn't help.  Monday morning came and my headache was still there.  Let's fast forward to Friday.  I still had a headache.  Nothing was making me feel better.  So I went to the ER to find out what was wrong.  I then learned finally after a few hours of waiting that I had a sinus infection in by brain.  How in the word does that happen!?!?  The fluid in the sinus cavity in my brain had become infected and couldn't pass into my nasal cavity.  Yuck!  So, I'm on lots of pain killers an antibiotics to knock this junk out!


If you were working with me last week, you would have never known that I was hurting.  Only my closest friends knew there was something wrong.  I muddled through it and made sure that my 20 friends had fun and learned all week long! 


So let's recap all of the fun learning that went on in 2nd grade.

We've been learning about life cycles.  Last week was specifically mammals and their characteristics (new packet coming soon).  We made mammal life cycle hats.  Check out our apparel (not all of my students were here this day or they were being pulled).  I always start with mammals because it's the easiest for them to understand and relate too since we are mammals. 


I really have a terrific class this year!  LOVE them!

Next up, we learned all about synonyms.  We sang a synonym song to learn all about synonyms and what that hard word means.  Click here to get a copy of the song from www.canteach.com. 

To keep learning about synonyms we played the two games from my latest packet, Out of this Word Space Synonyms. 


Space Synonym Concentration


Synonym Recording Sheet and Matching Game



We even made synonym asteroids.  Their finished work came out so cute!


I promise that we did more stuff this week, but I didn't take pictures of anything else teaching related.  Sinus headache...remember...

Halloween was this week and my team decided to dress up as Disney Princesses.  It was so much fun.  I had my cousin hem my dress and it was still too long.  One of the disadvantages of being 5 foot 0 inches. One of my co-workers told me that I even was walking like a princess because I was having go pick up my dress as a I walked all day long.  The kids LOVED it though.  My students who didn't dress up became my little dwarfs. Why, oh why, didn't I get pictures of them!  Oh well! :-(

My co-workers took the following pictures below of us.  Aren't we ADORABLE!  

I was Snow White. 


My fabulous team
Snow White (Me), Princess Belle, Merida from Brave, Princess Tiana, and Pocohantas

With a pounding headache, I still managed to take my son trick-or-treating.  He dressed up as a convict.  Last minute costume choice, but he was still adorable. 
He didn't understand trick-or-treating.  He got the hang of out and wanted to stop at EVERY one's house.  He didn't understand that if their light wasn't on then he couldn't go.  He may have pitched a few small tantrums but luckily stopped quickly. He LOVED it.  I am so glad that I made myself get up and take him.  It was worth it!

So, if you would like to win a copy of my latest packet, head on over to my Facebook page.  I'm having a little giveaway over there.  Click here to go visit my Facebook page. 

Click the picture below to take a look at my synonym packet. Don't forget to head on over to my Facebook page to win a copy! :-)



I hope that everyone has a WONDERFUL Sunday!

Lots of love,
Jeannie


4 comments:

  1. Oh no! I'm glad you figured out what was wrong and are feeling better. I have awful sinuses, but I have never heard of that before. Your costumes are adorable too!

    Sara :)
    The Colorful Apple

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sara! I had never heard of that before either. I hope that you had a great Halloween week with your 5th graders!

      Delete
  2. Bless your heart with that headache! Hope you feel better SOON!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lana! I'm definitely better, but not 100% better. I hope you had a great Halloween week! :-)

      Delete