Facebook Teachers Pay Teachers Bloglovin' Pinterest Image Map

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Some Valentine Day Fun

Happy Valentine's Day, Friends!

I hope everyone had a GREAT day.  I had a blast with my kiddos and HAD to share some of my favorite pictures from today. I'd love to hear what you did today.

I came across this precious packet on TpT.  This packet has a collection of 40 awards that fit the personality of all my children.  I found the exact awards I needed within 15 minutes.  They were SUPER cute.  My students loved reading their award and comparing it to all their friends.  Definitely check out this packet and save it for next year.  I also gave my kids a Valentine themed homework pass.  They thought I'd given them "gold".  They were so excited and said this was the best Valentine's Day ever.  I love them so!



And now, for our class pictures.  

First, we made bags for our cards.  Some of them were too cute for words.



A couple of my smarties thought it would be funny to write a hidden comment on the flap of their bags.  


This little boy is "proposing" to his girlfriend.  I've tried and tried to tell them that we all have the dreaded "cooties".  :-)

Another hidden flap...notice the hidden d at the top.  We need to work on spelling a little bit more.  Being from the south, sometimes we don't say all our letters.  He kept telling me that it's 'hansome" and that he doesn't hear a d.  Too cute!

Second, I had two games I was planning to play with my kiddos today.  The first one fell through.  I went to find conversation hearts and couldn't find them anywhere.  So we played the cookie game instead.  We played this game at a faculty meeting (the grade level chairs were volunteered) and it was HILARIOUS so I knew that I had to play it with my kiddos this year.  I know you've seen this one before, and it was a hit. They LOVED it and it was so much fun.  Check out our cookies in action.







This little boy said he wasn't using his facial muscles that he was going to scream quietly to get it to come down.  





His cookie got stuck in his glasses so many times.  


I hope you all had a fantastic day.  Happy Valentine's Day.  I love and appreciate each and every one of you.  You all rock!

Lots of love,

No comments:

Post a Comment