I had such a busy day yesterday, that I didn't get a chance to share 5 random things about my week with you. So, instead of Five for Friday I'm having a Five for Saturday.
1. My husband is a huge golf fan. This week Brayden, remember he just turned 1 in January, picked up a golf club and started hitting golf balls. My husband was jumping up an down for joy. I should have taken a picture of that! ;-) Looks like I'm gonna have to learn to love golf. It's not my most favorite sport...
2. I uploaded my latest packet today. My students have been having a blast with mental math. The 2nd grade math common core standard has students mentally adding and subtracting 10 and 100. I think it's safe to say that most of my students understand it! Yay! Check out my packet below if you are teaching mental math now or just need a fun way to review.
3. I made some delicious potato soup this week. I'd never heard of adding cream cheese into potato soup, but it was super duper YUMMY. Click here to check out the recipe for yourself. It's definitely worth it. It is from an issue of the Paul Dean magazine...that means it has to be good. Ms. Paula doesn't steer us in the wrong direction when it comes to food! The picture below is from their website. I didn't think about taking my own picture.
4. My field trip didn't go very well. I was highly upset that we were told there wasn't anywhere in the building for us to eat and we would have to eat outside. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem BUT it was cold and rainy. We had to eat on the school bus. Not fun at all. My students loved the museum, but next year we will not be going back. :-(
5. I'm SO ready for Spring. The weather has went from hot to cold, hot to cold all this week. I LOVE living in the South, but I sometimes wish weather here could either be hot or cold. I can't handle 4 different weather changes in one week.
Next week friends, my goal will be to tell you about my week on FRIDAY. Fingers crossed...I know I can do it.
Have a great weekend!