Facebook Teachers Pay Teachers Bloglovin' Pinterest Image Map

Friday, January 18, 2013

Five for Friday

Hello, friends!

It's Friday so that means it's time to tell you 5 random things about my week. I'm linking up with the ADORABLE Kacey from Doodle Bugs. Click the button below to link up!
fiveforfriday


Number 1: I was off of work today!  Today was an exchange day in my district, so I used my exchange points and am so excited about having such a long weekend.  My munchkin and I slept until 9:30.  Good for me...I've been exhausted this week.  I think it's the weather.  Good for Brayden...he's been sick and needed the chance to sleep until he woke up instead of me waking him up.  I learned that the "booger suckers" are the devil.  I hate seeing Brayden cry, especially when it's me that's making him cry.  Pray that he gets better SOON, friends!

Number 2: I have a student who tells jokes all the time.  Most of the time, they don't make ANY sense, but I always laugh anyway.  On Thursday during lunch this was the joke that he told me:
"Knock, knock."
"Who's There"
"Justin Bieber."
"Justin Bieber who."
"Baby, baby, baby, ooooo, baby, baby, baby."
I busted out laughing because he is such a quiet kid and when he busted out the Justin Bieber lyrics I lost it.  He asked me if he could tell one of the 3rd grade teachers when we were coming back in from lunch.  He'd never talked to her before.  I need the laugh!  He's such a cute kid!

Number 3: This week in reading, we read Cinderella stories from around the world.  I'm always shocked when I learn that some of my kiddos have never seen the Disney version of Cinderella. This makes me feel so old!  Anyway, my students had no idea how different cultures tell the story of Cinderella.  They enjoyed reading and learning about different cultures in the process.  Definitely one of my favorite Common Core reading standards.

Number 4: Since I had today off from work, I finished up my 100th Day of School Activity Packet.  I can't believe the 100th day is almost here.  Time sure does fly!  Click the picture below to check it out.



Number 5:  Coffee!  I ran out of Dunkin Donut's K-cups this week.  I LOVE their Mocha flavored coffee.  Maybe this is the reason that I've been so tired this week.  I think I may be addicted! What other flavors should I try?  I like my coffee sweet! :-)

Link up with Kacey and share some things about your week! Have a WONDERFUL weekend!

Lots of love friends,

8 comments:

  1. Kid jokes are the best jokes for sure :) I hope Brayden is feeling better!

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope he's feeling better in the morning. I agree, kid jokes are the best! :-)

      Delete
  2. Oooh! I didn't know DD had regular mocha K-cups. I have been worrying about my stash of peppermint mocha K-cups. Thanks for the heads up!

    :) Abby
    Third Grade Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the peppermint mocha. Yummy! I need to go to DD today. :-)

      Delete
  3. Hope your little guy feels better soon:( Our 100 day was yesterday! We had lots of fun. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    Aloha,
    Corinna



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He seems to be better today. Your 100th day looked like a blast! :-)

      Delete
  4. Love, love kid jokes. Where do you find the K cups? I haven't seen them anywhere. I love my Keurig. I am your newest follower.

    Terri
    The First Grade Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get mine from Dunkin Donuts. Love the name of your blog! :-)

      Delete