Facebook Teachers Pay Teachers Bloglovin' Pinterest Image Map

Sunday, November 9, 2014

A Peek at My Week

Hello, Friends!

The weekends seems to go so fast.  I saw this picture as I was scrolling through Pinterest. Sums up how I feel.  I don't remember being this tired while I was pregnant with Brayden. But then again, I wasn't chasing a 2 year old after working all day either.  Any suggestions? 



I finally got my lesson plans done.  So, here's what I will be up to this week! I'm linking up with Deedee for her Peek at My Week Linky.


Reading:
We have been hitting informational text hard!  This week, we will be working on asking and answering questions during my mini lessons.  My book choices this week are from the Cat in the Hat's Learning Library.  These are the cutest little books full of information.  During my interactive read aloud, we will be discussing how the illustrations help us to answer our questions.  
Miles and Miles of Reptiles: All About Reptiles

Math:
We are still studying multiplication.  Our Multiplication Boot Camp is still going very well!
Click on the links below to check out what I'm using during my math centers.

Multiplication and Division Boot Camp

It's a Multiplication Mystery {FREEBIE}

Addition and Subtraction QR Code Self-Checking Task Cards

Social Studies:
We will be continuing to learn about the key explorers of South Carolina and how they interacted with the Native Americans.

Writing:
We are continuing to study opinion writing.  Ashleigh's writing units have been so helpful as I learn all about 3rd grade.  Click below to check her unit out. We will also be reviewing opinions vs facts with my opinion cards.  
Common Core Opinion Writing - A Complete Persuasive Writing Unit       Fun with Fact and Opinion

So, that's the plan for the week.  We've also got a Get Smart Assembly and a field trip to mine for some rocks this week, too.  

Busy, busy week ahead!  

Lots of love,


No comments:

Post a Comment