Facebook Teachers Pay Teachers Bloglovin' Pinterest Image Map

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I LOVE CENTERS

Hello, friends!

I LOVE centers.  I do both reading and math centers in my classroom.  I think they are a great AWESOME way to make sure that all students are on task and learning.  I am lucky enough to get to teach reading for an hour.  In that hour, my students go to 3 centers and I pull a leveled group during each center.  My centers include reading,writing, word (spelling and digraphs), theme (science/social studies integration), computer, and a game center (normally word based).  I wanted to share one of my centers with y'all.  I am giving everyone a Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs center idea. In science, we are learning about weather (one of my favorite units).  To start the unit, we watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (read aloud on YouTube) and then we discussed the weather words in the book.  I also made a fantasy vs. reality connection.  Such fun! :-) The next day in their theme center, they drew what they wished itwould rain and wrote a couple of sentences. They had such GREAT drawings.  I hope you can use it.  Click on the link above to go to my TPT store.  I hope y'all have a wonderful evening!  Stay tuned tomorrow for another FREE math post!

2 comments: