Facebook Teachers Pay Teachers Bloglovin' Pinterest Image Map

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Fall Place Value Freebie

Hello, friends!

Yesterday, I talked about reading centers.  I also do math centers in my classroom.  The students go to 3 centers a day for 10 minutes.  I do a mini-lesson for 5-10 minutes and then we go into our centers.  The students have a game center, an independent work center where they are completing a worksheet or activity related to our mini-lesson, and then they work with me.  They work with me everyday and they are in groups based upon their weaknesses from the pre-test I give before the unit.  I love centers and the students love it too! :-) Next week we are beginning our place value to 1,000 unit in math. 

I LOVE fall!  So, I made a place value roll and cover game with a fall theme.  Students will roll 2 dice and find the pumpkin that has the correct number of base 10 blocks on it.  They will cover the pumpkin.  They person who has covered the most pumpkins wins! If they roll a number that is not on a pumpkin they will record it on their recording sheet and draw the base 10 blocks.  I can't wait to have them play this game in their game center.  I hope y'all can use it in your classroom. Click the link above to download the game from my TPT store.  If you download the freebie please comment and let me know how you will use it in your classroom.  Smile...it's almost Friday! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment