Facebook Teachers Pay Teachers Bloglovin' Pinterest Image Map

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Trying to Balance Life

Hello, Dear Friends! 

I haven't forgotten about you, I promise.  Adjusting to life as a mom of two boys on top of being a teacher and a wife is sometimes a struggle.  Honestly, sometimes things don't get done.  So, my blog has been left neglected on top of laundry, mopping...etc.  One day, I will figure it all out.  As of right now, I'm just taking life one day at time and spending as much time as I can with my munchkins. If the mopping doesn't get done, it's okay.  The laundry can wait.  They grow up so fast! I've being enjoying my summer! 

I love being a mom to two little boys.  I was always told that I as a "boy mom" by my co-workers.  They would joke because I could always reach those active little boys and love them like they need to be loved.  The good Lord laughed and gave me two boys of my own. 

Boy Mom status at it's finest...

We love some Doc McStuffins!  It's time for your check up! 

Gavin is now eating solid food, rolling over, "talking" all the time, and trying to sit up on his own.  He'll be 5 months old next week.  Time needs to slow down! 


We love summer! Bubbles are always a big hit! 

Brotherly love!  Brayden LOVES his brother! It amazes me the amount of love he has for his little brother.  It's as if Gavin has always been here.  

I will be teaching 3rd grade again this year.  This past year I had a great group of kids, but between being pregnant and feeling like a new teacher (since I was in a new grade level), I didn't have time to create and share like I wanted to.  

I enjoyed 3rd grade more than I thought I would.  I love their independence and love the fact that they still love their teacher.  3rd grade is a challenging grade, but a rewarding one.  

As I enter 3rd grade for the 2nd year, I feel more prepared.  Long range plans are done. Yay! I'm the grade level chair for my team, so I'm able to work with a new group of teachers and have them try new things than they have done in the past. Hello, genre studies! :-)

So, here's to a great new year.  Enjoy the rest of your summer, friends.  Relax, unwind, and mentally get ready for a new group of students.  

Lots of love, 

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I just found your blog. I also have two children, 6 year old daughter and a 6 month old daughter. It is challenging with 2 children to get anything done! I taught kindergarten for 13 years and this year I am moving to 2nd grade! It is going to be a big change for me. Looking for inspiration and found your blog. Have a great summer and I look forward to reading your blog this school year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Having children is the most rewarding and challenging thing! Best of luck with the move to 2nd. You'll love their independence. Have a wonderful school year!

      Delete