Facebook Teachers Pay Teachers Bloglovin' Pinterest Image Map

Saturday, November 10, 2012

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Hello, dear friends!

I LOVE ADORE Christmas and everything associated with it.  I decided to go ahead and start creating my Elf on the Shelf packet and I finally finished today.  Even though I teach 2nd grade, I still do Elf on the Shelf with them.  They love it!  My school is doing a Polar Express Day that I get to help set up and I am ESTATIC about it.  I love seeing the student's faces light up.  I'm going to introduce our class elf after Thanksgiving break. That's when Christmas starts for me at school and at home.  My hubby makes me wait until the day after Thanksgiving before I can start to decorate for Christmas.  Which is a good thing because I could have Christmas decoration up all year.  No, I'm not kidding either! :-) Take a look at the preview to see everything that is included.  There's a lot! :-) One thing that I added that I haven't done in the past is Mystery Pictures.  Students will look at the pictures and put them together to figure out the elf's message for the day.



The packet includes:
A hello/goodbye letter
Calendar of Ideas for teachers November-December
My Elf Journal (one template with box for picture, one template with lines)
10 Mystery Pictures for students to solve (answer to mystery pictures included)
Behavior Chart (one in color, one in black/white)
3 Writing Prompts with graphic organizers for each and writing paper (1 template with box for drawing, 1 template with just lines)
*I Want to be an Elf because...
*If I Were an Elf
*Santa Should Choose me to be an Elf because...
20 notes from "your elf" to give to students when they are caught doing something that the elf notices (helping teacher, helping others, being good, following directions, raising their hand, etc)


Click on the picture below to download your copy.



The first two people to tell me what you do to bring Christmas into your classroom will get my packet for free.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, friends!

14 comments:

  1. We usually put up a tree with decorations and do lots of art projects like stockings and candy canes and Santa! Still waiting for my Elf to come in!

    rmariemuniz@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually bring in a large singing Christmas tree, we decorate.... and we write letters to Santa, and focus on kind acts to spread goodwill.
    allenkarend@yahoo.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A singing tree sounds like a lot of fun! You have mail. :-)

      Delete
  3. I put a tree in my room with little gifts under it. If a kid is super good or gives a great answer I let them "shop" under the tree for their siblings. I teach in a very poor area, so I love helping them out and they love getting to take a present home for family.

    Heather
    Secondgradeperks@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I just saw as I posted mine someone else posted the 2nd comment right before me.

      Delete
    2. That's okay! I love to hear what other people do in their room. I think your ideas are amazing. I teach in a poor area too and any way I can help is a blessing to them. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. Love this! We make homemade ornaments, decorate a tree, and have a grinc day :)

    Love your blog!

    Calli.schott@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grinch day sounds awesome! Love it! :-) Christmas sounds like fun in your room!

      Delete
  5. We make a countdown to christmas Gingerbread man using 1 inch strips of paper...making a chain of 24. We also make have a gingerbread house decorating party where the families are invited to help us decorate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a lot of fun things happening in your classroom! :-)

      Delete
  6. This packet looks like so much fun! I set up an all-out christmas tree in my classroom. Its about 4 feet tall with lights and glittery decorations. The kids LOVE it! Ok, now I'm getting excited for Christmas too!

    I'm also your 100th follower - stop by sometime :)
    Maria
    Kinder-Craze

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like so much fun! I'm definitely in the Christmas spirit already! Thank you for being my 100th follower. :-) I'm heading to your blog now.

      Delete
  7. This is Awesome, I so wish I had the money for this, cuz this would be perfect for any grade....
    we just started the Elf this year and was looking for ideas

    ReplyDelete